Hey guys! Living in New Jersey, I'm lucky to be able to go to the beach in the summers and I've compiled some things that are essential for me to bring! Some are necessities and others are more for entertainment. Let's get started.
BATHING SUIT (obviously)
I've been LIVING in one pieces this summer. They're just so versatile and easy to be in for the entire day. I throw jean shorts on over top if I go anywhere and the one piece acts as a body suit - so comfortable!! This is the one that is in the pic above and I'm obsessed with the criss cross front. This is another favorite, but I just wear whatever feels comfortable that day!
Being the most important part of any beach day (because nobody wants to look like a tomato) sunscreen is something I ALWAYS bring. I have super fair skin so if I don't apply, and reapply, I leave looking burnt to a crisp. This is the one I've been using lately for my body and it has a really nice coconut-y scent and doesn't feel greasy! For my face, I have used this one for years - it doesn't break me out and feels super light!
I usually just let my hair do it's thing when I'm at the beach because it's hard to manage with the wind blowing and the salty air, but I do bring with me a hair brush and this wave spray. The spray tames frizz and enhances the beachy waves and also makes my hair smell AMAZING. So good!!
These aren't really accessories but more of "add-on essentials", if you know what I mean.
1. So first I always bring sunglasses no matter what. I have light blue/grey eyes so if I don't wear glasses I get huge headaches and end up being miserable all day. I switch up my glasses all the time depending on what I'm feeling, but they're always with me!
2. Hats!! Whether it's a baseball cap or a wide brim hat, I always have one so I don't get sunburn on my scalp and to add some shade to my face. This is the one I've been loving lately!
These are a few extra things I grab that are essential for a beach day for me:
1. WATER. Laying out in the sun and going in and out of the ocean dehydrates me so I always make sure to grab TONS of water that I keep in a cooler so that they stay somewhat cold. SO IMPORTANT.
2. Books & music. I always grab a couple of books/magazines to read for when I'm just laying out. Headphones are also always in my bag to just plug into my phone and listen to my playlist if I ever get bored at the beach!
3. FOOD FOOD FOOD. I always pack lots of fruit and pretzels/chips with me at the beach. Fruit is so refreshing during a hot day and pretzels/chips are just fun to snack on during the day. Sometimes I'll grab a few granola bars and keep them in the cooler so they don't melt and become a huge mess!
And that's it, guys! Those are my beach day essentials that I always make sure to have with me for a day in the sun!
What are some of your essentials for the beach? Let me know! And be sure to follow me on all my socials!